To Be a Kid Again

It seems like the longer I serve in ministry with kids, the sooner kids are getting exposed to things they really should be much older before learning about. There seems to be a constant push by society to be older, act older, be more responsible, more mature. dress more professional, and blah, blah, blah. Today I saw force being applied the other way- to be younger not older =) It was humorus to me to watch Alex and Calum force themselves into the baby swings on camp instead of the ones meant for their age. I had to personally help Alex get out of the swing you see him pictured in and in this brief moment it made me pause and reflect. I think we as adults need to not be so concerned about making children be in the "box" we think they should be in and just let them be themselves and if needed silly kids sometimes...to not be always so concerned about them getting to the next milestone in their life or be all proper and respectable. Let them enjoy the moment they are living in now, even if it means acting silly. Aren't these moments of innocent silly fun, the moments we all remember and treasure?