Is There Nothing Sacred?!

As one out of five children, I've learned that the number of kids in an area directly correlates with the likelihood of someone messing with your stuff. And when you've got over fifty of the little monsters all around you, you might as well surrender all of your possessions as soon as possible before they drive you crazy with the poking and the prodding and the neverending "Can I PLEASE touch it?" questions. Needless to say, my efforts to protect my beloved bullhorn were all in vain. No matter how tightly I clutched it, someone's little fingers always found a way to switch the siren on and scare the pants off of half the camp. For my own sanity, I finally just took out the batteries so that the camp director wouldn't come running to ask if there was an emergency. Now I understand what my parents meant when they said that in a house full of kids, nothing is sacred. I would also like to take this time to offer my sincerest apologies to my parents for having to deal with this for eighteen plus years - I'm sorry. I truly am.